Ring like brown spots on rubber plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve had this rubber plant for about 2 yrs and suddenly have some strange brown spots on it. Somewhat ring like. A few other leaves also have some brown along the top (not in a spot but along the curve of the leaf).

Would greatly appreciate any input!!!

Attachments

• 89034E84-348B-4884-B9D3-D3E9AAD228FB.jpeg
    89034E84-348B-4884-B9D3-D3E9AAD228FB.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 4,946
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too much love maybe? Overwatered and overfed? Was the spot white before? maybe sunburn or low humidity?
Was not white at any point. And hasn’t been in direct sunlight (it’s in a room with a lot of natural light but not close to the window). Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Browning leaf tips and leaf margins are a sign of staying too wet. And that spot in the picture looks like a water lesion, another sign of staying too wet.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Browning leaf tips and leaf margins are a sign of staying too wet. And that spot in the picture looks like a water lesion, another sign of staying too wet.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if i'd need to repot it to save it or will it dry up naturally if I avoid watering for a few weeks? It's a beautiful plant and size so don't want to risk losing it! Only 3 leaves have been affected so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It will probably be OK with drying out but, to be on the safe side I would repot into a larger pot with new potting soil.

Ask a Question