Rhs refugee

Reaction score
Hello. Everyone,
I am a refugee from the RHS forums which are now due to close I the middle of April. There we are used to chatting about anything that takes our fancy. From the weather to recipes and what we have managed to do day by day. In my case I tend. To waffle more than chat. I am now a Senior Citizen (that's the least offensive term for some one of my age and decrepitude).
I have a garden which is 10m x 50m. Is that classed as medium or large? I don't know. It was more than I could easily manage. i had it redesigned with raised beds, so that I wouldn't have to dig any more and could sit on the sleepers to reach in to the middle of the bed for weeding and harvesting. One bed is a dedicated fruit bed and I have trees in large pots around the garden. In the other six beds I have planted garlic and onions and potatoes. One bed is still waiting for me to sow the root crops and transplant into it. I'm going to use the fluid sowing technique as the weather has been so cold this season and I hope that the fluid will give the seeds protection and all the moisture that they need.
Having read this you will understand what I mean by waffling on. I look forward to chatting with many new friends and I hope that many old ones may follow me here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Valerian, welcome to the forums - it's great to have you join :). I'm glad you've got a new home now that RHS is closing the forums.

I'm always a big fan of pics, so if you've got any of your garden then feel free to post them up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard, I'm glad you found us! It's such a shame that the RHS forums are closing down, but I hope you enjoy our friendly community here :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Valerian, welcome to Gardening Forums
welcome.gif

Ask a Question