Rhs forums closing

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I got a PM from a member here that belongs to the RHS gardening forums - as it looks like they are closing down :(. It's a real shame as there is some good information there and a friendly community.

I thought I'd set up this thread so that if there are any members from there that join up, they can post in here to let others know who they are :).

Reaction score
Hello Ian
I am an RHS refugee and I have been joining all the forums that I can in the hope that I will not lose contact with all the friends that I made there. Thanks for the refuge.

Reaction score
Hi Valerie, and Ian

Looks like I made it then. Not sure when I might get back, but at least I've found a home here :)

Reaction score
I got a PM from a member here that belongs to the RHS gardening forums - as it looks like they are closing down :(. It's a real shame as there is some good information there and a friendly community.

I thought I'd set up this thread so that if there are any members from there that join up, they can post in here to let others know who they are :).
Hello Ian & Hello Valerian,
Yes it is nice to see familiar names. Looking forward to settling in. I see there looks like an 'insert an image' facility that I can have a go with. I never could get pictures to load in the RHS forum.
Best K

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard guys, great to see you here :)

I see there looks like an 'insert an image' facility that I can have a go with. I never could get pictures to load in the RHS forum.

Hopefully adding images should be easier here :). If the images are on your PC, just use the "upload a file" button underneath the text box and you can browse for an image and attach it to the post :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone and welcome aboard! I'll pop the kettle on shall I? :D

Reaction score
Hello Becky!

*waves* Clematis.

Looks like we are filing in nicely. That cuppa sounds like a great idea. Make mine a decaf at this time of day, please ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Hello Becky I'm just in from the Garden Club and a really good talk on Fuscia growing so a cuppa sounds great to me too. *waves* Autumn Tiger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's great to have you all here!

I thought it might be worth mentioning that this forum software is relatively new, so if anyone has any questions about it please don't hesitate to ask :)

Reaction score
It's great to have you all here!

I thought it might be worth mentioning that this forum software is relatively new, so if anyone has any questions about it please don't hesitate to ask :)
I'm still exploring. It does seem to be very user friendly. Best K

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
I'm still exploring. It does seem to be very user friendly. Best K
I'd agree with kaydee, seems to be as, if not more, user friendly compared to some other forums. Just need to figure out how to add my Clematis picture as my avatar now...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Hi Ian and thanks I think I've managed it - not one of my better pictures but best I could find for now! :)

Reaction score
I'd agree with kaydee, seems to be as, if not more, user friendly compared to some other forums. Just need to figure out how to add my Clematis picture as my avatar now...
I was astonished how easy it was to add my snowdrop picture. All those years flaffing about trying upload on the RHS site...

Ask a Question