Revive Plant

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello gardeners.

I recently bought this plant from my local nursery and it bloomed many flowers for about 2 weeks. I think it is phlox but wanted to know which species is it. Since the last 2 to 3 days, I have noticed that the number of flowers have reduced. At this rate, I fear that within the next few days, I may loose more. Day temp around 26 deg C here and partly sunny these days. Can you please advise:

1. What do you think is the cause for this?
2. What can I do to revive the plant and increase flowering?
3. Any other tips that can help revive this plant.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211211_120819.jpg
    IMG_20211211_120819.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Country
United States
This looks most similar to Phlox drummondii, an annual Phlox native to Texas and the southeastern U.S., though it is possible that it may be a hybrid or selection of a similar species. While annual in a temperate climate, I am not certain how long Phlox drummondii might persist in the tropics. Phlox drummondii wants full sun conditions and regular water with good drainage. Cut off old flowers to rejuvenate the plant and extend bloom. Fertilize occasionally with a complete fertilizer, especially if grown in a container.

Ask a Question