Request Plant ID

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Can someone provide a name for this plant please?

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@mikecox

The first one is some kind of penstemon. Not sure of the exact specie, and I don't know what the rest are, but the second one is interesting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The first picture reminded me of the violets that grow here - and seed themselves all over the place, but your flowers appear to be a lot larger. I think they must belong to the violaceae family.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Are these pictures you have found online? Would it be possible to get closer pictures of the leaves?

I think that your second picture is an Echium @mikecox - maybe E. candicans??

I saw one like that second one a few days ago! @Larisa named it, maybe Echium fastuosum?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Are these pictures you have found online? Would it be possible to get closer pictures of the leaves?
I took these shots. I don't believe it's Saxifraga; it's flowers are white and closer to the ground.

Not sure Penstemon is it either based on the picture from the web

This plant is in a fenced in yard that I wouldn't presume to enter without permission, but I will try to zoom in on it tomorrow when I pass by.

I do have an app on my phone called "Plantnet" now it does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I got a closer look at this plant and I tried to find it in my phone app but, while it came up with a lot of options, none seemed to fit.

I really want to get the name of this plant because we recently cleared a place in our landscape and this would be a perfect fit with the other plants in our landscape.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mike, have a look at the rock purslanes (Calandrinia)...... that's a really helpful photo (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Thanks but it doesn't look like the plant in the picture, with those very long stems topped with those purple blossoms. I'm going to take this picture the nursery and see if anyone there can ID it.

Ask a Question