Replacing old Pavilions

maddynamite

Love to have my own Garden!
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Guys

I live in a small apartment in New Jersey but just recently bought a small 2 acre land in Vermont. I wanted to share the beautiful garden's pavilion in the picture below.

Now, this is at least 15 years old and I am looking to replace it. Should I renovate or replace this?

I have found a few styles I like online, including this
Which hardly costs $4,000. However, My estimation is that a renovation might turn out to be even more expensive.

Also, I think I might be able to find some cheap options on ebay?

To give you my idea, I want to use the place as a place to have my morning breakfast after retirement.

Any help here, would be appreciated/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't see the condition of this but I would say to renovate it. If you bought the $4000 dollar one you'd still have to put it together. If you have the tools and skill to put a kit together then you could renovate what you have yourself. The benefit of renovating is that all you have to do is duplicate the pieces that you take off. No measuring or complex angles to figure out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
As an alternative view, I would sell it, let someone come get it, and reinstall an area more appropriate to your purpose. Beside insect screening one might care for a whisper quite generator for connectivity or lighting reasons. None of that substructure is there. One might consider windows for winter use as well. None of this would fit that standard design. And personally, it freaks me out when architectural standards do not flow through a property. One style seems to always insult the other. But then I do not like too many fonts on a page either.

Ask a Question