removing Aloe Arborescens

Reaction score
Country
United States
My backyard is currently a big disorganized project, which needs removal of several trees and bushes. I have 4 large Aloe Arborescens plants that I would like removed. Can anyone advise on how to get to the root of these plants so that they do not come back? I have included a pic of one of them. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
Country
United States
It shouldn't be hard. Just start chopping it down, all the way to the ground. When you have everything down it will be easy to stop the new tender shoots from regrowing. If you use a weed killer, use it on only the new growth after removing the mother plants, and make sure the temps are hot for 3 days in a row for the best results. I think after you get started you find out its not that hard to get rid of those plant.s

Reaction score
Country
United States
It shouldn't be hard. Just start chopping it down, all the way to the ground. When you have everything down it will be easy to stop the new tender shoots from regrowing. If you use a weed killer, use it on only the new growth after removing the mother plants, and make sure the temps are hot for 3 days in a row for the best results. I think after you get started you find out its not that hard to get rid of those plant.s

Thanks for that. It worked great. Can you also help me identify this one? I'm trying to figure out how much water to give and how to care for it. I have several of them on the property, some of which have rotted from over watering.

DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States

Aloe Arborescens (Torch Aloe)​

The Aloe arborescens is not only an eye-catching succulent, but it is also effortless to care for. However, it requires proper sunlight, soil, and water conditions in order to grow into a picturesque specimen.

Ask a Question