Regrowing for Second Harvest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I was on Pinterest today, and I came across this pin called "Regrowing for Second Harvest". It's a list of fruits and vegetables that you buy from supermarkets or harvest yourself that you can regrow. Some of those included in the list are green onions, bok choy, leeks, and pineapples.

I have tried the leeks, though they died after a few weeks because of pests. I want to try regrowing pineapple because I love this fruit!

Read the list here.

Reaction score
I've always tried pineapple but it never works for me!! I've tried at least four this summer. But we do onions and celery!

Reaction score
I regrow scallions from scallion scraps all the time. They regrow 3 times in a glass of water , but it seems like they keep growing back over and over when I plant them in soil.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
If you have green beans (bush type) in your garden, after they finish producing just cut the very topmost leaves off and leave the plants in the ground. You'll get a second harvest later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With scallions, can you pot them in soil and grow them indoors? How much green should still be on them when you do this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I was younger, I used to play a game called Harvest Moon, which was basically a farming game, and I learned all about reharvesting Pineapples because of that. Who knew, over 10 years later I'd be using that information... :D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have potted the top of the pineapple plant with limited success. I kept the plant alive for more than a year and then it died. I hope to try again soon.

Ask a Question