Red Russian Kale - Kratky Hydroponics

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting.

I'm growing a bunch of leafy green using the kratky hydroponics method. Can someone have a look at the kale leaf on the picture attached? The right leaf has a yellowing and I don't know whats wrong. PH is 5 and EC is 1.8.

Thanks,

Attachments

• kale.jpg
    kale.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Yellowing leaves can possibly signify a number of conditions such as a nutrient deficiencies or anoxic/anaerobic conditions brought on by excessive irrigation or poor drainage.

However, a single discolored leaf might not be significant of anything, if there are numerous healthy leaves appearing as well.
What does your crop look like overall?

Red Russian Kale (Brassica oleracea 'Red Russian') a Siberian heirloom cultivar of the annual Crucifer (Brassicaceae) crop, Kale (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group).

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Yellowing leaves can possibly signify a number of conditions such as a nutrient deficiencies or anoxic/anaerobic conditions brought on by excessive irrigation or poor drainage.

However, a single discolored leaf might not be significant of anything, if there are numerous healthy leaves appearing as well.
What does your crop look like overall?

Red Russian Kale (Brassica oleracea 'Red Russian') a Siberian heirloom cultivar of the annual Crucifer (Brassicaceae) crop, Kale (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group).
Thanks for the feedback. It's only one leaf that has turned this colour. I'll remove it and hopefully it never comes back.

Regards,

Ask a Question