Recovering a Lawn After A Drought

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10-B
Country
United States
When summer came, we were under some pretty tight water restrictions because of the drought in our area. Our backyard got watered once a week, if that. Now the weather is cooling off a little bit, and we can water the lawn in the evening three days out of the week. The problem is that, in the meantime, the lawn is pretty much dry and yellow with very little green. Is there any hope of recovering the grass in the backyard with only being able to water it for a little bit three days a week, or is this now a lost cause?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Most grasses just go dormant until the right conditions wake it back up. Yes you might get some small areas where the sun really scorched the earth, and will need to reseed those spots. But all in all it should be fine when the weather starts to cooperate.

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
when there is a little bit of green no meter how small it is, there is hope for recovering

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Our lawn turns brown every summer and comes back again pretty quickly all by itself. I don't water it, it takes enough time and cost to water the garden and until fairly recently we had water restrictions so it just doesn't come into my "jobs to be done" list. I don't actually like it brown I must admit. Maybe this year with my 4 new super duper water tanks I posted a photo of I just might have a green lawn in summer(y)!!!

Ask a Question