Recipes and/or uses for Lemon Balm???

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey y'all,

I have a vigorously growing clump of lemon balm that I grow from seed earlier this year. I am in LOVE with the way the leaves smell. This is my first year of gardening, and I am growing a lot of stuff to just get a feel of how to grow stuff in my area. But it would be nice if there was something practical(food recipe or other) that I could use it's delicious lemony-ness in. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @SunshineAndSoil .. Although I am not a clever chef by any means, I know that you can use fresh lemon balm to make lots of stuff. I believe lemon tea is a favourite, and flavouring fish. I also know that it is most flavourful if you harvest it and use it straight away. I think you could use it for flavouring cakes and ice cream, and I reckon the best thing to do is throw it in with whatever you fancy making lemony.
I find that following a recipe is almost impossible, so anything I ever attempt is trial and error :shy:

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I was admiring my lemon balm plant earlier. Yes a delicious drink . And trial and error is perfect. Depends on your taste.

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Okay thanks! I've never really been a tea person before(as in I've literally never tried any), but I might have make me some lemon balm tea!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey y'all,

I have a vigorously growing clump of lemon balm that I grow from seed earlier this year. I am in LOVE with the way the leaves smell. This is my first year of gardening, and I am growing a lot of stuff to just get a feel of how to grow stuff in my area. But it would be nice if there was something practical(food recipe or other) that I could use it's delicious lemony-ness in. Any suggestions?
I have never tried lemon balm, but heard it's used in things like smoothies, mead, popsicles, cookie dough, kombucha, vinegarettes, and more!

Ask a Question