Re-Landscaped My Front Yard

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We just moved In a few months ago and are dealing with strict water laws. Just waiting for my milkweed to get here for the Monarchs. Lots of native wildflower seed germinating for the hummingbirds and butterflies, too. Glad it's done! I am BEAT.
image.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Very nice indeed! I like your use of decorative rock, which will help cut down on your water consumption. The lighted walk-way is charming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Was so busy looking at your landscaping that I just now noticed your solar panels. Too Cool! I have started playing with them to power my little greenhouses. How many watts have are you collecting up there?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Was so busy looking at your landscaping that I just now noticed your solar panels. Too Cool! I have started playing with them to power my little greenhouses. How many watts have are you collecting up there?
Thanks, all! I'm not sure. They came with the build. All I know our highest bill was $45 in the dead 110 degree heat of summer. Not too bad :) I should probably look it up...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Looks neat and indeed a pretty lay out. Are you planning on any trees too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Looks neat and indeed a pretty lay out. Are you planning on any trees too?
Thank you! There are two young golden rain trees and two crepe myrtles in the picture, but hard to spot because they are so young. I would like to add a dwarf plum tree or olive tree, but I'm not sure if there will be enough room once the rain trees grow. In the dead of summer, the sun sets directly toward the front of the house... It gets HOT. I recently grafted 22 shrubs to shape them into small trees, too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thank you! There are two young golden rain trees and two crepe myrtles in the picture, but hard to spot because they are so young. I would like to add a dwarf plum tree or olive tree, but I'm not sure if there will be enough room once the rain trees grow. In the dead of summer, the sun sets directly toward the front of the house... It gets HOT. I recently grafted 22 shrubs to shape them into small trees, too.
I can imagine how your garden will look when your trees reach maturity.

Ask a Question