Re-doing my garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My garden has been in existence for about 20 years so I thought I would redo it while my old body still has the umph to do it. It needed better drainage and different size rows for some crops, so I changed a few things. So for the first time ever I went out and rented a tiller. 20 years ago all I had was a shovel and a rake. So here are a few pics of the work involved. Now all I have to do is hook up the drip irrigation, fertilize and plant.
007.JPG
008.JPG
017.JPG
019.JPG
021.JPG
024.JPG
027.JPG
030.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing! You've been working very hard!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It just about killed me. I am WAY too old for this kind of manual labor. I've got sore muscles I didn't even know I had. Plus I lost 13 pounds.

There's so much work done! I have nothing but admiration for you. And it's a lovely thorough job. All you need is just some drip feed system and lots of manure and you could rest for a while with the help of a bit of crop rotaton. I wish I had that much land to play with .. No, not really. I would make a mess of it.

Losing weight could be good for you! As long as you're healthy. Hope you take a breather and enjoy a virtual beer with @headfullofbees !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow You Have been working Hard. Nice Job Too & Looks Like you Have nice soil too work with this spring.

Ask a Question