Raspberries

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted some raspberry bushes about a week ago. I also planted some Cilantro at the same time. A couple of my raspberry bushes are doing ok (I bought 9 bushes and 3 canes). However, the raspberry bushes attached are not too happy. I planted cilantro around the same time, and that is looking like a loss too.

Does anybody have an tips or tricks to help these guys. I admittedly am not a green thumb by any means, but I'm trying to learn. I figure it's something constructive to do during quarantine, and my kids love berries ;) I don't have a picture of the cilantro right now, but it is getting brown and deal stalks/leaves.
IMG_0559.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have too much organic matter in the soil, its tying up and locking out the nitrogen. Take a hand cultivator and pull back the soil a little so the plant can breathe. Use your finger to stick in the soil before you water to make sure you don't over water. Let the top 2 inches dry well before watering.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have too much organic matter in the soil, its tying up and locking out the nitrogen. Take a hand cultivator and pull back the soil a little so the plant can breathe. Use your finger to stick in the soil before you water to make sure you don't over water. Let the top 2 inches dry well before watering.
Thank you for the reply. Ill give it a go

Ask a Question