Rabbit problems?

Reaction score
How do you keep rabbit out of your garden without harming your garden? Other than chicken wire.

Chicken wire doesn't always work with rabbits - as they generally either burrow under it or do as mine do and enter the easy way - through the gate :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chicken wire doesn't always work with rabbits - as they generally either burrow under it or do as mine do and enter the easy way - through the gate :D
I buried my 4' tall chicken wire 6" deep to keep rabbits and armadillas out. Works fine on armadillas but the rabbits actually climb over it, along with squirrels and coons and it is just a slight hop for the deer. The wild hogs just knock it down. I have told them all that if they eat my garden I will eat them but many of them didn't believe me.

Reaction score
Although not a guarantee, you can try spraying our plants with a mixture of vinegar and red peeper. You do have to reapply it every so often thougth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Although not a guarantee, you can try spraying our plants with a mixture of vinegar and red peeper. You do have to reapply it every so often thougth.
Did you know that vinegar and orange oil is used as an organic herbicide? Yep, 1 gallon of vinegar and 2 oz orange oil makes a pretty good weed and grass killer. The vinegar acts as a desicant.

Reaction score
Did you know that vinegar and orange oil is used as an organic herbicide? Yep, 1 gallon of vinegar and 2 oz orange oil makes a pretty good weed and grass killer. The vinegar acts as a desicant.
Hmm, good to know! I have used vinegar before on weeds and got so-so results. I'll try it with the orange oil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmm, good to know! I have used vinegar before on weeds and got so-so results. I'll try it with the orange oil.
Don't forget to put in a squirt of dishsoap and clean your sprayer after use or it will eat out the seals in your sprayer

Reaction score
We laid down clippings of human hair around the garden. My sister-in-law is a beautician. We had her save the hair trimmings for us one year. We sprinkled that around our garden. The rabbits didn't come around.

Reaction score
When I was growing up out in the country in Texas we had trouble with both rabbits and armadillos. My Mom would sprinkle moth balls and moth flakes around the edge of the garden. This kept out the critters and even snakes. That was definitly a bonus.

Reaction score
They don't like chrysanthemums; apparently the leaves are poisonous to the rabbits and they won't go near them. Plant them around the boundary of your garden.

Reaction score
hahahaha. They think it belongs to them or something. I keep them as pets when i catch them.

Reaction score
They don't like chrysanthemums; apparently the leaves are poisonous to the rabbits and they won't go near them. Plant them around the boundary of your garden.
If you mean those thing they call "mums" thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

Reaction score
When I was growing up out in the country in Texas we had trouble with both rabbits and armadillos. My Mom would sprinkle moth balls and moth flakes around the edge of the garden. This kept out the critters and even snakes. That was definitly a bonus.
I hate moth balls. Will they poison the things growing in the garden?

Reaction score
I have only used orange oil to keep cats away from my house and it worked really good for that.

Ask a Question