Rabbit Poop

Reaction score
We have started to raise rabbits and of course we have lots of rabbit poop! :)
My question is how much can we use to fertilize our garden. I was wondering if we could put too much, so I have just been using a little.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It'll be pretty much the same composition as Cow Poo, so as such it ought to be rotted before using, adding it fresh to the garden doesn't make it very available to the plants.

If you can make a pile of it, with bedding and all then it should rot down by a fungal process (not the same as a compost heap)

Should make some good stuff in 6 weeks to a couple of months.

Reaction score
You can also make rabbit poop tea. Bag up the rabbit poop somehow ( old pillow case) and drop it into a five gallon bucket of water and let it soak for several days. Take the poop out and the water should have quite a bit of the wonderful compost properties valued by gardners all around. Use that water on your plants. I cleaned our duck swimming pool out weekly and used the water on my veggies. We called it duck poop soup.

I have also heard that rabbit pellets can be put directly on the garden but I have never tried this and I am not sure how true it is.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Shellyann, much quicker way of processing it :)

Reaction score
Nice one Shellyann, much quicker way of processing it :)

Yes it is and it works wonders too. Have you never heard of putting the pellets directly on the garden? It is said that they are not as hot as most manures.

Reaction score
Never heard of rabbit poop tea! I have heard of worm tea though, so I guess it's kind of the same concept. Thanks so much for the info ladies!

Ask a Question