Quik Green

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
For your lawn, do you ever use grass seed that is referred to as Quik Green? This grass seed is suppose to grow quickly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For your lawn, do you ever use grass seed that is referred to as Quik Green? This grass seed is suppose to grow quickly.
ALL, ALL of these quick grow in the shade grasses advertised are SCAMS. Do you know what Quick Green grass seed is? It is simply Perennial Rye, Annual Rye, Red Fescue and Kentucky Blue Grass. Its advertised to grow in the shade. NO grass grows well in the shade. The only descent grass is the Blue Stem and it has it's own problems as a lawn grass as it is a cool season grass and goes dormant in the heat. This seed is not for a permanent lawn. It is for a short term fix of bare spots. Save your money and buy turf or seed that grows well in your area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have too much shade in areas and have been reseeding fescues. This year I am using a seed called Titan Rx, which is a heat tolerant fescue. The combination of shade and heat is too much for the grasses so far, save kentucky 31, which is a horrible grass for me in the sense that it comes for a few months in the spring, is clumpy and disappears back underground for most of the year. It is sold in stores here but I wish I had not used it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Quick Lawns Grass Seed

When we use ryegrass like quicklawn, it is annual here because of the summer heat. We can overseed in the fall and it looks good until late May when the heat builds. By late July the dryness can start to set in, and with the reduction of water content inside the plants the surface temps begin to rise. With my non contact thermometer I read 125f commonly. As this heat becomes protracted the ryegrass plants lose the battle completely. This is true for the perennial variety as well as annual type ryegrass. Of the varieties available, one type fits best year round and that is centipede. It likes our naturally acidic soil, has a reasonable shade tolerance and is maintenance friendly. Slow to grow is an understatement about its habit however, and it browns in the winter to some degree depending on how many days below freezing we get that particular year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I do not intend to use any Quik Green. People do not water their grass seed like people did numerous years ago.

Ask a Question