Quick growing tree or shrubs?

Reaction score
I am looking for some ideas for quick growing trees or shrubs. Mostly for privacy from a neighbor as his house is just off to the side of our pool. I have also considered vines because we do have a fence along that side of the yard.

I just don't know what to put there that would look nice and at the same time give us much needed privacy while in our pool.

Any suggestions? We live in Northern Nh and our growing seasons are short as it seems like our ground is frozen most of the time.

Reaction score
I know my jerusalem artichokes grow very quickly and tall, but I can't say how they would grow in your climate. I have a temperate climate here and they do quite well
jerusalemartichoke.jpg

They are perennial and die off in the winter and regrow from the tubers remaining in the ground. They grow to about 7 feet tall here

Reaction score
Try morning glory those things could grow so fast and take over your garden too if you don't watch out. I love the lovely blue flowers and they look beautiful while giving you the much needed privacy.

Reaction score
I know my jerusalem artichokes grow very quickly and tall, but I can't say how they would grow in your climate. I have a temperate climate here and they do quite well
jerusalemartichoke.jpg

They are perennial and die off in the winter and regrow from the tubers remaining in the ground. They grow to about 7 feet tall here

I know this is a little off topic, but those jerusalem artichokes look amazing! They are one of the things I'm most looking forward too now that I have a real garden rather than just pots etc, but I am mainly interested because I love eating them. I knew they had pretty flowers, but no idea they could look that good! Do you do anything with them or just leave them to get on with it?

Ask a Question