Questions about fencing off my garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi so I'm brand new to gardening but recently bought a house so I thought it would be fun to grow my own stuff. Some were sown in jiffys indoor and other others in the bed outside (bell peppers, banana peppers, onions, broccoli, and sunflowers).

My question is what is the best way to fence my garden off to protect it. Could I just go from the white fence to my house wall? If so does anyone have any how to's on building a short fence with a door?

Money is the main factor for this ha. As I said I just bought a house and within the first few months had to replace the whole roof which brought me back down to basically pay check to pay check.

I'd love to hear any ideas though on what you all think.

IMG_0310.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What are you trying to keep out? From the fence to the wall will work for most varmints

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Three foot rebar and two foot wide roll of chicken wire. Deters rabbits, which is your main concern.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you trying to keep out? From the fence to the wall will work for most varmints

Ha you tell me. I'm in northern KY so I guess squirrels and what not.

I never really even planned on fencing it off because it already has three walls around it but I'm scared in 2-3 months I'll have nothing left.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm in an environment rich with squirrels and other wild critters. In six years, the only casualty has been carrots lost to rabbits.

I wouldn't worry about fencing, to be honest. Bigger threats are bugs/slugs and fungus, and no fence on earth will prevent that.

Ask a Question