question about when to start winter crop

Reaction score
Country
United States
My missus posed an interesting question,she said"when your tomato and. Cucumber beds die off,are you gonna just have 2 empty tacky looking beds?" Now granted something did come to mind and I told her I would start a winter garden but I'm not sure how to go about it. If my maters n cukes die in late fall,would it be too late to plant New stuff in said beds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My missus posed an interesting question,she said"when your tomato and. Cucumber beds die off,are you gonna just have 2 empty tacky looking beds?" Now granted something did come to mind and I told her I would start a winter garden but I'm not sure how to go about it. If my maters n cukes die in late fall,would it be too late to plant New stuff in said beds?
Google date of first frost and enter your zip code. Nearly every packet of seeds will have the estimated days to harvest on it somewhere. Just count back from the date of first frost add a little to it and that will give you a planting date.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You could do stuff like Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Land Cress, Lambs Lettuce, Mustard Greens & Mizuna for winter crops :)

Ask a Question