Question about roots in Pterocarpus indicus

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello, i have a question about this tree, it develops an extensive, shallow root system that may damage or lift pavement, it needs 8 meters space to be safe from damage, but here i can see they planted this tree on a very small place, how did they get away with this? I cannot see any damage of the pavement of lift, i is there a technique they used?

e2e2e2e2e2e2.JPG
gfdgdgdgdgdgdf.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Greece
i believe they are called ateral, fibrous roots? How did they succeed plant a tree over 50feet tall with fibrous roots so close to the pavement and the pavement looks perfect?

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are many factors to consider when considering if a tree will damage pavement. A few would include the hydrology and texture of the soil. The ultimate size of the tree, and of course, the strength, thickness, and exact construction and placement of any nearby pavement. If soil and water conditions will allow a tree to grow its roots deeper underground, such a tree may never develop large surface roots.

Ask a Question