Pushing the "envelope".....'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.......AGAIN. The cleaned out bed looked lonesome, I had Cherokee Purple plants ready for transplanting, today and tomorrow are good days for transplanting (by moon "signs"), 80 days to fruit, sooooo........the race is ON.
20180803_082417.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
.......AGAIN. The cleaned out bed looked lonesome, I had Cherokee Purple plants ready for transplanting, today and tomorrow are good days for transplanting (by moon "signs"), 80 days to fruit, sooooo........the race is ON.View attachment 42110
Luck! I should have known you could not wait until it was cooler!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What's "crazy"......I had planted some Cherokee Purple seeds maybe, MAYBE, 3 weeks earlier and put the three strongest seedlings in pots, in the greenhouse. While all three are growing like crazy.....this one is, hands down, the most robust plant, at 46 inches tall.
20180829_174959.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I need to so a write up on my lessons in container gardening.

My tomatoes are flowering,......well most of them. Ones that get a shade in the afternoon are not, which is interesting to me. The ones getting sun most of the day also have some small green tomatoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I need to so a write up on my lessons in container gardening.

My tomatoes are flowering,......well most of them. Ones that get a shade in the afternoon are not, which is interesting to me. The ones getting sun most of the day also have some small green tomatoes.
Winter sun is a big deal. Maybe the biggest because bugs and such are reduced in activity. My summer garden is not in the right place for a winter garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
UPDATE......In the end, the plants in the greenhouse seemed to be rather unruly as they reached for waning sunlight and the ones planted in the raised beds were destroyed by hurricane Michael. The ones in the greenhouse did put on a lot of tomatoes but they never got any larger than stunted runts and only one riped before going "bad". A little while before my surprised heart surgery, I had taken suckers and potted them for the spring.......hopefully making the experiment not be a TOTAL "bust". In the last couple of days I have repotted them. The little cup is what they were, originally, planted in.
20190102_074556.jpg

Ask a Question