Propagation

Reaction score
Thanks to the Gardening Forums, I have become addicted to gardening. It is a passion that I did not know existed. Since, I am still new to everything to do with plants and gardens, I may have overlooked this. I think it would be great to have a section for propagation.

I like to share my work with others and would love to feed people from my very own garden, so I am very interested in propagating what I currently have and what I can clip from others. Plus its much more economical. :)

What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone else here interested in this new forum section?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm very interested in a section on propagation. My main interest in gardening is growing bonsai trees and I'm constantly propagating new trees from the branches I remove.

Reaction score
I am currently trying to propagate shrubs, lemon seeds, and holy herb. I am miserably failing. :(

In another thread, there was a lot of talk about growing a rose plant from a stem. I would love to do that but am also afraid of killing the rose. I would like to learn how to make rose oil or rose water. I think it would be a great gift to give someone. Plus, growing new roses, or anything from early stages, gives you a very proud sense of accomplishment. :D

Reaction score
My propagation projects have mixed results. None of my tomato seeds have sprouted this year for some reason and I had to result to buying seedlings. I would love a section on propagation to discuss our experiments.

Reaction score
I think propagation is amazing. I just learned about is yesterday, and I know it will open many doors for me in gardening.
I would much love and enjoy a section on it:)

Ask a Question