Propagation (I think?) help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! So recently I tried to propagate my pathos plant (I think that’s what I’ve done?), and I got tiny little sprout in the water! if I’m totally honest I didn’t think it’d work, but now it has and I’m not really too sure what to do.I’ve put it into a fresh glass of water for the time being until I know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :)
(I've included some photos below, the first one is from the original plant, the second from the leaf, and the third is the sprout itself.)
5FF2B565-BAC2-472E-9680-432366F917C7.jpeg
8733E2C0-2A46-4617-BAEB-A007DA0BB8DC.jpeg
92831BD3-D872-4D11-A313-08D9F05EC895.jpeg

auntiecindi

My Waffle KITTY !
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know what you have on your finger. I have never seen that. Your cuttings do they have roots yet...? I am not sure what you should do with that tiny plant was it floating in the water? I am very curious, please let me know what happens.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see your first post @Zoee . Welcome to the forum.
Your Pothos plant is a good easy one to grow - you would have to try very hard to kill it. That is not a cutting you have there though. If you want to propagate your plant, you can do it two different ways that I know of.
You can cut a bit off under a node (the lumpy bit on the stem), and pop it into some compost to root, or just grow it in a container of water.... it will grow and flourish either way.
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Propagate-a-Pothos-Plant/ .... this link may help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see your first post @Zoee . Welcome to the forum.
Your Pothos plant is a good easy one to grow - you would have to try very hard to kill it. That is not a cutting you have there though. If you want to propagate your plant, you can do it two different ways that I know of.
You can cut a bit off under a node (the lumpy bit on the stem), and pop it into some compost to root, or just grow it in a container of water.... it will grow and flourish either way.
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Propagate-a-Pothos-Plant/ .... this link may help.
Thank you for the help! I’ll be sure to check it out, it probably didn’t help that I hadn’t researched it at all previously lol. Thank you again!! :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what you have on your finger. I have never seen that. Your cuttings do they have roots yet...? I am not sure what you should do with that tiny plant was it floating in the water? I am very curious, please let me know what happens.
Hello! As it turns out they weren’t really cuttings at all, just a leaf lol. I think I’ll let it grow a tiny bit first? All though I’m not sure, whatever happens I’ll make sure to plant it at some point :) thank you for your reply!

Ask a Question