Problems with tagging a post

Reaction score
Help - how can I avoid this happening again.

Twice yesterday, on two separate occasions on two separate threads I tagged two posts, which resulted in my responses turning into ' click to view ' :( This is something I would normally avoid and now want to make sure , it doesn't happen again in the future, as to me, a ' click to view ' post , may just as well not be there, and therefore a wasted effort.

I have done exactly the same thing in the past but it has never resulted in a ' click to view ' post.

I can partially understand the first one, as there was a lot of pictorial content in the tagged post, which for some reason, yesterday, I was unable to eliminate, but have, in the past previously managed to do so.

The second one I am mystified by, as both the tagged posts were very small and so was my response :confused:

Am wondering if it was something, that perhaps I did differently from normal or was there a perhaps a bit of a software glitch, which I mention, as I noticed everything was a bit sticky yesterday, and had to log in and out on quite a lot of occasions whilst trying to post, because the curser kept disappearing and therefore kept freezing the page.

Any suggestions on this, would be greatly appreciated as my posting experiences yesterday, were extremely frustrating and not at all enjoyable.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not come across that one before.

My usual quick fix is to clear cookies and see if that makes any difference. If not then that might be a question for our IT man @Ian

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thats good, my connection has a funny 5 minutes now and again, just thought i'd lost all but one Photobucket album :eek:

Switched the box off for 10 seconds and everything was ok again,(y)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll take a look at this and see what I can do - but I'm not sure I understand the problem? By tagging, to you mean tagging a name in a post - for example: @gata montes

As Zigs has already mentioned, clearing cookies is always a good start. If it's not happened since, hopefully that's the end of it :).

Reaction score
Zigs
Fortunately I rarely experience connection problems :) but can definitely equate with those few moments of panic, when something important momentarily disappears :eek: luckily they never last for long, as I have my very own, personal computer :geek: to solve them for me :p

Ian
As I mentioned to Zigs, clearing cookies is an automated response for me and something that I continually do whilst online.
By tagging, I mean clicking on reply, to answer someones post, which is something I haven't done, to reply to both yourself and Zigs. for fear of getting a ' click to view ' post.
Yes everything does appear to be fine now, with no further problems since Monday :)

Am wondering if perhaps, there is no solution to the problem of tagged posts becoming ' click to view ' :( and just have to put it down to, one of those annoying little software glitches that happen from time to time.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs
Fortunately I rarely experience connection problems :) but can definitely equate with those few moments of panic, when something important momentarily disappears :eek: luckily they never last for long, as I have my very own, personal computer :geek: to solve them for me :p

Ian
As I mentioned to Zigs, clearing cookies is an automated response for me and something that I continually do whilst online.
By tagging, I mean clicking on reply, to answer someones post, which is something I haven't done, to reply to both yourself and Zigs. for fear of getting a ' click to view ' post.
Yes everything does appear to be fine now, with no further problems since Monday :)

Am wondering if perhaps, there is no solution to the problem of tagged posts becoming ' click to view ' :( and just have to put it down to, one of those annoying little software glitches that happen from time to time.

I'm just trying that to see what happens.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs

Test.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Got you now, it does click to expand when the post you're quoting is over a certain size. Its to stop threads becoming huge to scroll down due to quotes, like if you quoted a post that had lots of pictures in. I usually take out bits of text or pics when i'm quoting

Reaction score
Got you now, it does click to expand when the post you're quoting is over a certain size. Its to stop threads becoming huge to scroll down due to quotes, like if you quoted a post that had lots of pictures in. I usually take out bits of text or pics when i'm quoting

HaHa, yes I understand that, and that test one was not particularly long was it? (smile) I shall see what this one does.

Which is why, I normally eliminate as much of the pictorial content as possible, but for some reason on Monday no matter what I did, the pictorial content of both posts refused to be eliminated, which resulted in the click to view posts, which I can only assume, was something to do with the problems I was encountering with the curser disappearing and the page freezing.

By the way the smilies are on strike again

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Could be the software don't like mondays then.

I noticed the smilies are hiding again too, maybe something scared them

Ask a Question