Problem with fruit tree seedling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am having trouble finding out what is wrong with this seedling. Is it gall or some other plant disease? Should I toss it and the dirt that it is planted it? It is in a pot. I hope someone can help. I posted it another garden forum and did not get an answer.

Attachments

• seedling disease6.jpg
    seedling disease6.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 338
  • seedling disease4.jpg
    seedling disease4.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 353
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
It looks like this?
aab71f8b_539f1504f7c0797ca7696f6b.jpeg

If so, this California Diaspididae. Fighting it will take a long time. But success is possible. I find it difficult to advise drugs. The names of drugs may not be the same in different countries. But at the local garden center you will surely give good advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
But in any case, scale ( Diaspididae) insects need to rinse with water using a special soap. Wash all the branches. Repeat this a few days.
Under the shell are adult scale insects. They are not afraid of poison. They can be removed. Juveniles move. The poison will only act on juveniles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not sure what this is. Are these growths of a hard substance, almost rock hard? Can you remove them? Are they growing on the tree or from inside the tree?

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are hard and the same color of the tree. I think they are part of the tree. will scale make the branches split open? and there is some sort of growth near the splits in the stem. Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• seedling disease.jpg
    seedling disease.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 256
  • seedling disease2.jpg
    seedling disease2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 292
Reaction score
Country
United States
more pics.

Attachments

• seedling disease3.jpg
    seedling disease3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 271
  • seedling disease5.jpg
    seedling disease5.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 291
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
It's harder than I thought. I posted this photo on another forum. If someone finds out the reason, I'll post it here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am clueless. I know that it isn't scale and I have never seen gall even remotely similiar.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I also have a seedling now of persimmon, about 3 inches in height with 4 leaves. That's the status since 3 weeks ago and it seems not to be growing although the leaves look good, they are green and somewhat healthy. I have no idea why it is not growing and since it is just a baby, I cannot give it fertilizer for it might suffocate and die. A gardener told me that fertilizer is hot to the plants so they need water. And a seedling is not yet a plant, it is fragile and may have complications.

Ask a Question