Problem with croton...and other plants? please help :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a problem with my croton. On the lower leaves, there are some white dusty patches (powdery mildew?). How do I take care of this? When I went to water my croton today, I see tiny littlebugs crawling in the soil. There was also a black fly looking thing flying around the croton as well as my split leaf philodendron. How do I get rid of them? I examined the split leaf soil further and found that the wood chips were completely white with clear little ball things on them (eggs??). I removed them and I just want to repot all my plants.

I examined some of my other plants (chamadorea elegans and the dracaena), there were also these tiny little bugs in the soil. what in the world are they?? should i just repot all of my plants?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I would say repot them all asap, keep an eye out for any rotting roots, or bugs in the roots. Im not sure if theres steps to be taken after (Fungicide/pesticide) as Im relatively new to this, you'll have to wait until someone more experienced comes along for that bit. Is the soil webitAs far as I understand, this typically occurs when the soil gets too wet for too long too often. In the future water less often, or use a pottng mix with better drainage

Ask a Question