Problem starting tomato seeds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I'm having a problem starting tomato seeds. All of my seeds sprouted but a day ago, they all wilted and died. Any ideas why this happened? I'm using a "biodome" that I got from Park Seed.

Attachments

• IMG_20170122_141426.jpg
    IMG_20170122_141426.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 319
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks like damping off disease. Sometimes it affects the seedling about 1/2 the way up the stem and other times it affects the plant at soil level. When you replant your seeds next time do not put two seeds close together and sprinkle horticultural cornmeal on top of the soil.. Please update your profile showing where you live and hardiness zone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
3% hydrogen peroxide watered into the soil also helps.
You may not immediately think of this as organic, but it breaks down to oxygen and water, and it's the free oxygen in the soil which attacks the fungus or forms diatomic oxygen molecules.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
A small fan blowing on the seedlings plus plenty of light helps with inhibiting damping off and strengthens the spindly stems. Also don't soak the small pots just damp, preferably watering from the bottom.

Ask a Question