Probably said before BUT I WILL SAY IT AGAIN.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
There is no reason you can not put the state or province you live in, for the USA & Canada in your profile.

Helps emencly when you ask questions like can I grow this or that.
We have no idea if a plant is an annual where you live or a perennial if we have no idea where you live.

My own daughter does most of her banking thru her lap top or cell phone but was afraid the boodie man would get her if she had her state in the profile of a Runners forum.
Such crazyness. Not having your location in your profile is not keeping you safe from a boogie man. A good fire wall will and if you bank with a lap top of cell phone you best had a really really good fire wall and trust the bank too.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is no reason you can not put the state or province you live in, for the USA & Canada in your profile.

Helps emencly when you ask questions like can I grow this or that.
We have no idea if a plant is an annual where you live or a perennial if we have no idea where you live.

My own daughter does most of her banking thru her lap top or cell phone but was afraid the boodie man would get her if she had her state in the profile of a Runners forum.
Such crazyness. Not having your location in your profile is not keeping you safe from a boogie man. A good fire wall will and if you bank with a lap top of cell phone you best had a really really good fire wall and trust the bank too.

I don't understand it either. I don't know how many times I have asked folks to update their profile but its a lot. In every other website, no matter if it is a forum or a business or anything else, there is an asterisk involved and if that portion is left unfilled you get a notice or that portion turns a red color or you get another window saying the form is not filled out completely. Ian says the software is not compatible with this but it does seem a tad odd. Another odd thing are the posters. Have they no clue that what grows in Florida might not do so well in Alaska? It boggles the mind. And how about the folks that need a native plant ID? Don't they realize that plants in Maine don't grow in all 50 states? I have thought about not replying to folks who fail to give us their location but many times that would not be fair to other members I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Having started my garden long before any garden forums existed I relied on a gathering of books from a local library to learn about a certain plant species etc, how to design etc. colors etc, heights etc. A nice winters project. With a pad and pen and drawings and study. I find some of the newer gardeners want it now all done. Where as it takes years and years to get it right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Your right out people would like to know thre name of some plant that may or may not grow in their area.]

We also used books to learn about some of the plants Kare looked at.

:LOL: Only time a note pad was brought into play was when I wanted to build a bee garden. I have shrubs that bloom in the very early spring (Korean box wood.) to some very late fall bloomers (sedum Autum Joy.) for the bee garden and all kinds of things inbetween.

Ask a Question