Pretty flowers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
We went on vacation last March, and we happened to pass by a gardening shop. I found these flowers, and I thought that they were really beautiful. The lady told me that they are called "poms". I took a picture, and here it is. I hope you like them as much as I do! :)

qxtk6d.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're very pretty, but I wouldn't want to grow them in my garden, because they look like chrysanthemums. Here, where I live, chrysanthemums are considered cemetery flowers, people often put them on graves.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
(y)We call those marigolds. They are from the Tagetes genus. Many different species. They are an annual that is easy to grow from seed. You can save seed and replant yearly. They come in different colors of yellow to burnt orange.
image.jpg
Often grown in the garden to keep pests away from veggies as well as for decorations. Slugs like them too much were I live now so I grow calendula instead.

Marigold always remind me of summer and warm days:)

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! They are really beautiful! They do look like poms! I'm almost certain I have seen them before, surely in a garden around my neighborhood.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
(y)We call those marigolds. They are from the Tagetes genus. Many different species. They are an annual that is easy to grow from seed. You can save seed and replant yearly. They come in different colors of yellow to burnt orange. View attachment 3485 Often grown in the garden to keep pests away from veggies as well as for decorations. Slugs like them too much were I live now so I grow calendula instead.

I've just remembered that my aunt used to grow marigolds in her garden when I was a child. I've always liked them. I don't know why the flowers in the first picture reminded me of chrysanthemums;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
(y)We call those marigolds. They are from the Tagetes genus. Many different species. They are an annual that is easy to grow from seed. You can save seed and replant yearly. They come in different colors of yellow to burnt orange. View attachment 3485 Often grown in the garden to keep pests away from veggies as well as for decorations. Slugs like them too much were I live now so I grow calendula instead.

Thanks for that information! I never thought that they could be marigolds because the marigolds that I have seen in shops looked different. I guess it's safe to put them in our garden now! They are not graveyard decor after all! Hahaha. Thanks for the information! :) I hope to look for them tomorrow at the flower shop near my office.

Reaction score
We went on vacation last March, and we happened to pass by a gardening shop. I found these flowers, and I thought that they were really beautiful. The lady told me that they are called "poms". I took a picture, and here it is. I hope you like them as much as I do! :)

qxtk6d.jpg
Those are beautiful. They look like really fancy marigolds. They have a lot more petals than the marigolds we have in the US, but you can tell by the color and the leaves that they are marigolds. They're lovely.

Ask a Question