Preparing for Texas fall garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Want to plant fall tomatoes, banana peppers, beets and some come and go lettuce/salad varieties. Any suggestions on varieties that would be best in Wichita Falls Tx area?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Bingo, I've found both Roma and Celebrity tomatoes to do well. I don't replant in the fall, but cut the plants back by about half in mid-August, keep them watered, and get a smaller than spring's crop but oh-so-welcome crop in the fall.
Simpson's Elite, Red Ruffles, Oakleaf (both green and red) are lettuces that produce here in central Texas. The Elite doesn't bolt as easily as Black-seeded Simpson's.
Sorry I can't help with banana peppers or beets. We don't plant either of those.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My cantaloupe are beginning to flower, can't find female flower yet. Jalapeno plant has tons of little one coming on, and my watermelons have about 15, about a handful are larger than a silver dollar or more. My Bell Peppers are doing awesome, put some beet seed in wet paper towels a few days ago and have a few dozen sprouts I'm going to plant this weekend.

Ask a Question