Potted Plant Problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I’m new to the whole plant world. I potted these geraniums and petunias per advice from an employee at a garden center, but I’m someone who needs step by step guidelines on what to do (especially because this is brand new for me). My deck gets mostly sun from 7am to 4pm.
Are these plants already dying? They look wilty already (even some of the new buds do) and some of the leaves are yellow.

Any help would be great!! Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 143
Reaction score
Country
United States
Water management is the most important thing you can learn on how to take care of plants. Too much water can give the same look as not enough water. When you water, water until a tiny bit of water comes out the bottom of the container. Then allow the top inch to dry before watering again. Use your finger and stick it down the side of the soil and container to feel when to water again.
Also setting plants outdoors in the afternoon sun, will dry out the plant fast. Try to give them about 6 hrs of morning sun instead of evening sun.

Attachments

• fingerinsoil.JPG
    fingerinsoil.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I will try that! Should I take them in during heavy rains? And do you recommend Fertilizer? Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes bring them in during a rain so the rain doesn't flush out the soil, and no need for fertilizer because you have new soil that has nutrients.

Ask a Question