POTM February 2017 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to @Esther Knapicius for winning the February 2017 Photo of the Month competition! (y)

4 Esther Knapicius.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I agree with @splinx i would have voted @zigs if Esther hadn't knocked it out of the park with her winter photo. And to think that the photo was taken in color:LOL:. Congratulations Esther, you've done it again. I always enjoy seeing photos of your field and beyond Zigs. It looks so spacious and inviting.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius
How about "Winter Drawers On"?

I don't know about your side of the pond but over here another name for long underpants are drawers. So it's a well known humorous saying as a play on words. (We have a peculiar sense of humour over here! :D)

images
probably the best I have gotten so far.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I remember this photo was up when i became a member. I liked it then and i like it now. I like Bootsy's "Winter Drawers On" very true at this time of year for the northern folks. I think it translates well into new world english. A phrase that i picked up during my time in London was "don't get your knickers in a bunch" for when you think someone is going to start bouncing off the walls. It has worked very well for me over the years, this phrase, so thanks, but not useful for this caption. I'll think on it Esther but i don't think i can do better than Bootsy's.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh, knickers in a twist, i must have americanized it without being aware. My mother-in-law was Liverpuddlean (hmm, probably not the correct spelling) and had tons of funny expressions that i have mostly forgotten but i do remember her always saying "....and "Bob's your uncle" i don't remember ever asking her what that was supposed to mean, but i do remember wondering.:)

Ask a Question