Pot Movers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've used these for years under the pots on the patio. They're ideal as it's easy to rearrange them to present the best view from our French windows. It means that my wife can do it herself despite her MS if she's having a "good day" and wants to do it herself instead of asking me.
I like the plastic ones as I drilled a hole in the centre, to let out any surplus water or rain during the winter. I can block up the hole with a dab of silicone for the summer so that they will retain some excess water as in hot weather, pots on patios can quickly dry out.

P1010631.JPG

But there's a problem, the combination of mover and pot makes them a bit unstable as they've only three wheels, in strong winds if there's a lot of foliage they can blow over. Then that's £25 down the drain as the pot will likely crack. This happened to one last year. I tried glueing it, but it hasn't lasted, I replaced it yesterday.
We've moved ten roses onto the new paved area over the former koi pool and they are filling out nicely. They are more exposed there than on the patio with back of the house and fences either side. The new area could be a bit of a wind tunnel.

P1020875.JPG

So I decided to pull the wheels off the pot movers today, so they become more stable but will still retain some water, as we're not likely to be moving them around like the five left on the patio which is more sheltered. I can always put the wheels back.

It's been dry and sunny this afternoon but a bit windy, it's blown the petals off a few of the fading rose blooms. I'm happier with them like this, instead of sitting on three wheels they sit on four "bumps" in the plastic which keeps the body of the pot off the paving and makes things more secure.

P1020876.JPG

I've put the wheels in a box and put them in the garage. I've a lot of other "stuff" in there.

raiderslastscene-magnum.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We've used these for years under the pots on the patio. They're ideal as it's easy to rearrange them to present the best view from our French windows. It means that my wife can do it herself despite her MS if she's having a "good day" and wants to do it herself instead of asking me.
I like the plastic ones as I drilled a hole in the centre, to let out any surplus water or rain during the winter. I can block up the hole with a dab of silicone for the summer so that they will retain some excess water as in hot weather, pots on patios can quickly dry out.

View attachment 54162

But there's a problem, the combination of mover and pot makes them a bit unstable as they've only three wheels, in strong winds if there's a lot of foliage they can blow over. Then that's £25 down the drain as the pot will likely crack. This happened to one last year. I tried glueing it, but it hasn't lasted, I replaced it yesterday.
We've moved ten roses onto the new paved area over the former koi pool and they are filling out nicely. They are more exposed there than on the patio with back of the house and fences either side. The new area could be a bit of a wind tunnel.

View attachment 54165

So I decided to pull the wheels off the pot movers today, so they become more stable but will still retain some water, as we're not likely to be moving them around like the five left on the patio which is more sheltered. I can always put the wheels back.

It's been dry and sunny this afternoon but a bit windy, it's blown the petals off a few of the fading rose blooms. I'm happier with them like this, instead of sitting on three wheels they sit on four "bumps" in the plastic which keeps the body of the pot off the paving and makes things more secure.

View attachment 54163

I've put the wheels in a box and put them in the garage. I've a lot of other "stuff" in there.

View attachment 54164
For those that live in the forest, the last pic is a government worker hiding the lost ark of the covenant in a government storage facility, a scene from Indiana Jones.

Ask a Question