Porch garden greenhouse

Reaction score
My husband and I have planted a porch garden every year for the last 5 years. We made our own greenhouse boxes for each thing we planted and had on the porch. Once the seedlings would grow and reach a certain point, we would extend our greenhouse tops to an extended height until we decided to just uncover and let them be exposed to natural weather. We kept everything covered a good while just to make sure the stems were good and healthy and would be able to survive a heavy rain if it was to happen.

I have to say, last year was our healthiest garden ever! We had tons of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, onions and potatoes. They all took off so well. We had such a healthy batch that we grew enough to where we could donate our organic vegetables to the local shelter down town.

Reaction score
Great that you have a good yield every year but also the fact that you do donate the produce to a shelter. Very generous of you and an example to others of what they could do with their excess produce!

Reaction score
That is so neat! I love it when people are able to do a lot with a small space. We have a much bigger yard but aren't nearly as creative, and I'm sure we don't do nearly as much lol...awesome job.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds really wonderful, Sweetkymom, I'm happy for you:)
We grow a lot of different fruits and vegetables every year, but it's never enough for me. I have a great appetite;)

Reaction score
That's fantastic! I wish I could make a greenhouse on my porch, but I would need a proper porch for that, which I don't really have. Greenhouses are so wonderful for getting things started early and safe away from bugs.

Ask a Question