zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Has been eating my spinach :cautious:

Spent a while looking for a very fat snail till I noticed the teeth marks :rolleyes:

DSCI0001 (14).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, you need a cat, or two. Just stand on any street corner holding a sign that says "Cats needed" and within a few minutes you'll be knee deep in fur!
Sorry about your spinach and onions. We lost an entire peanut crop to rabbits, who seem to love the leaves and stems of peanut plants. Now, we have cats.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
these days most cats are more interested in Cat nip than Mice:D Its The Biggest thing in Cat Kingdom at the Moment. I've also Noticed Mice never Eat it........ It Seems they are leaving it to the Cats

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There is a cat :(
Young cat..many people misunderstand this, but you need a kitten. They...do things...to all the pest creatures. I recommend a passcode to get back into the house though. We have sufferred as many as 3 live creatures set loose in a morning.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure it's not a big fat slug from Spain!?

upload_2018-2-12_7-31-3.jpeg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There is a cat :(

Someone is feeding it too much. ;) :sneaky:

Young cat..many people misunderstand this, but you need a kitten. They...do things...to all the pest creatures.

I love that pause, "They...do things..." - that was my first laugh out loud of the day! :ROFLMAO: It's true, kittens will jump on anything moving!! But a lot of whether or not the cat is a mouser is dependent on two things. How often they are fed is one. If they feel the need to "supplement their diet," then they will be hunters. The other thing is the personality of the cat. I feed mine at least twice a day, sometimes three times, but I have two cats (over four years old,) that hunt for the sheer joy of it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The cat did bring a baby wood mouse in once, it had a bit of blood on it, but I looked after her and she got quite tame :)

PICT0086_zps121432a1.jpg

Lived for 3 years, twice what she would have in the wild.

Ask a Question