Pond repair

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a formed plastic pond that has stopped holding water, I got it popped out of the ground and found a good reason why. There is a large split/hole in the corner of it. I've got it out, washed out and leaning against the tree, wondering how do I fix this to hold water?
I can't afford to buy another one right now, I guess I could just do away with a pond though I hate to. But keep thinking, surely there is a way to repair that hole. I thought about pouring concrete over the entire bottom of the pond, but not sure if it'd work and if it'd be toxic to plants and fish. I've thought about covering the outside bottom with tape and then pour that liquid plastic coating over the hole and let it cure. Again don't know if that work either. And the liquid plastic isn't exactly cheap either if it doesn't work.
Anyone have any ideas? I'd sure appreciate any thoughts. It is one of the ponds that has a shelf area on each corner and the hole is near the bottom of one of those shelves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Polyureathane structural adhesive from the paint and caulk section at lowes or home depot. Clean it with naptha first. Have some opaque black patching such as polyurethane fails in uv light. They glue landscape bricks together with it. Sticky and no solvent so wear latex gloves. It swells slightly and is super tough in one week, usuable the next day or so, and water cures it.

Ask a Question