Pollinator Friendly Herbs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is an interesting article to read.

Pollinator Friendly Herbs

The only thing that is funny about the article though is that it identifies flowers and herbs separately. Hmmmm..... does the author understand that a flowering plant that does not become woody IS an herb? All in all, it is a good read.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That is the funny part. The definition and the actual do not match. The official definition is a flowering plant that does not become woody but then you have those that do become woody but are called herbs also. Makes no sense at all. So when I say herbs, I say Kitchen Herbs and Wild Herbs (not all those listed in my wild list are specific to the wild). The Kitchen Herbs are the ones... well.... you typically use in a typical kitchen. Then my Wild Herbs list is a list of plants that are actual herbs that most people don't typically use. Then I have my Vegetables.... these consist of different varieties of flowers also that people do not typically eat.

Ask a Question