Poisonous?

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is growing in my back yard and I want to make sure it isn't poisonous. Does anyone know what this is sprouting?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No clue. Why are you scared its poisonous?
Also it would be very helpful to know where you live. The answer between "Michigan" and "Hawaii" is going to be somwhat different.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I agree it is difficult and sometimes impossible to ID a plant without knowing in what climate (or where) it is growing. It is best to put the information in your profile that appears whenever you post something, rather than in the post itself. Take a look at Beth_B and my profiles that show up under our avatars. These are two examples of what i'm talking about. Oh, and by the way @MissyT , welcome to the forums:)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's poisonous, but I'd be worried about its invasiveness.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Is... is it a periwinkle? I feel like that's what it looks like.And if it is periwinkle it IS poisonous. Those are used in chemotherapy keep it away from pets.

Edit: Someone needs to confirm if it is a periwinkle, I'm not sure.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Is... is it a periwinkle? I feel like that's what it looks like.And if it is periwinkle it IS poisonous. Those are used in chemotherapy keep it away from pets.

Edit: Someone needs to confirm if it is a periwinkle, I'm not sure.

That doesn't look like the periwinkle that I know of.
periwinkle.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

What an odd picture in the OP. There are the leaves, that remind me somewhat of Canada Mayflower (Maianthemum canadense)
...and then there is also one or two bright pink corollas that have fallen or been removed from their plant (not is the shot) and dropped face down in the dirt. The intact corolla looks like it might be from Phlox bifida 'Betty Blake'...

Ask a Question