Poison Sumac?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Whatever it is causes me to have a reaction! My new yard, and my neighbors are over run with English Ivy and I am finding all sorts of things while I am clearing it out. These 2 plants are growing in between the 2 fences. The first picture is the one that gave me the reaction. The second one is in a U shape and they are every 5-10 feet or so along the fence and have tubular roots. Most are connected. Both need to go!!
PS this forum is great and you all are so helpful!!

Attachments

• IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 195
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wash with a washrag. Actually I wash with two wash rags. I rarely even get a itchy spot since the wash rag trick was explained to me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I'll have to try that! I'm not very sensitive. There is a good amount of poison ivy hiding out there too. It gets me but I don't react like I did to this, or maybe something was hiding around it. I'll keep a few clean rags outside with me and wipe my arms down every once in a while. Hopefully that will help!! Thank you!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Always wear gloves when you're dealing with the unknown in a garden. Euphorbia can send you to hospital! Be vary careful. Heavy duty clothes, and trousers tucked in socks, and a fork and a spade and big size sacs for weed disposal are what you need.

Ask a Question