Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Purchased a Arbequina Olive Tree and it is beautiful/ live in a northern climate where now the summers are hot. Used a cactus based soil however the tree has not produced any new leaves or sprouts. I am sure it is the soil. Does anyone have ideas on how to create the soil it needs? I have it in a big clay pot now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I am reaching out again anybody with advice for this olive tree / please extend an olive branch for assistance / please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Using cactus mix is probably too acidic. The arbequina olives grown here where I live like a slightly alkaline soil but will grow in slightly acidic soils. They prefer a Ph of about 6.5-7.5 and cactus mix is usually about 5.0-6.0. I would just put it into a GOOD POTTING MIX and not some miracle grow junk.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a potting soil you would recommend? Also I have heard they like lava rock or clay pebbles in the soil would this help .... thank you thank you for your response

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is there a potting soil you would recommend? Also I have heard they like lava rock or clay pebbles in the soil would this help .... thank you thank you for your response
I have no idea about lava rocks and clay pebbles except lava rock is used as a mulch and clay pebbles are used in hydroponic gardening. The only good potting mix/potting soil that is nationwide AFAIK is by Espoma and Fox Farm. I have no idea of what you have locally.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have no idea about lava rocks and clay pebbles except lava rock is used as a mulch and clay pebbles are used in hydroponic gardening. The only good potting mix/potting soil that is nationwide AFAIK is by Espoma and Fox Farm. I have no idea of what you have locally.
Thank you soooo much

Reaction score
Country
United States
Post a photo of the tree in the soil so I can see what it looks like.

Ask a Question