Country
United States
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
I am new to gardening. Everything appeared to be going great then, out of nowwhere, some sort of fungus or mold started growing in my raised bed and on my plants. Please help me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You have a fungus my friend! It probably came from the nursery with the fungus already hitching a ride. Unfortunately, this issue is common, especially in tomato and squash plants, and is the result of overly moist growing conditions and a systemic infestation early in development. It may be too far gone but you can try a fungicide. If you're trying to go organic look for a product called liquid Copper fungicide at your local Home Depot or Lowes. Good luck to you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You have a fungus my friend! It probably came from the nursery with the fungus already hitching a ride. Unfortunately, this issue is common, especially in tomato and squash plants, and is the result of overly moist growing conditions and a systemic infestation early in development. It may be too far gone but you can try a fungicide. If you're trying to go organic look for a product called liquid Copper fungicide at your local Home Depot or Lowes. Good luck to you!
What do you think, could this be what it is?
Stemonitis sp.
This myxogastria is of the genus stemonitis, which can be found in most parts of the world. The fruiting bodies here are a typical sporangia formation with a brown, spore-producing head. The feathery appearance is misleading; the sporangium resemble, under magnification, smooth stalks. The plasmodium of this species is composed of a network of fine, transparent strands. It lives generally on rotten wood, and fruits in May through October.

http://www.messiah.edu/Oakes/fungi_on_wood/club and coral/species pages/Stemonitis.htm

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think the fungus like horror is from the compost or plants? Go back to the place where you bought them from and let them know. They shouldn't be selling things like this. Heartbreaking to see something like this on your otherwise healthy plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Do you think the fungus like horror is from the compost or plants? Go back to the place where you bought them from and let them know. They shouldn't be selling things like this. Heartbreaking to see something like this on your otherwise healthy plants.
Might be growing from spore,(airborne) just suitable condition trigger their growth.

Too much warmth, moisture, acidic medium.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Wow. I have never seen anything like that in my life! How much are you watering? I know very moist environments is what fungus likes. I would say remove the lower leaves, but it looks like the fungus is climbing up the stem! :eek:

I've heard one tablespoon of baking soda in a gallon spray bottle helps with powdery mildew, which is a fungus. Maybe that can help? I'm honestly not sure at this point.

Ask a Question