Please help my fiddle leaf

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Anyone who can help my fiddle leaf, I would really appreciate it!!!

I bought a 4ft fiddle leaf 2 months ago. When I had it home, we transferred it to a medium size pot. I put it under the sun since I didn't know that it was suppose to get a few sun only. On the 3rd day, I noticed a lot of the leaves started to turn brown, and started to act all hysterical about it! I immediately transfer it indoor and added water to the plant. 2 weeks went by and a lot of the leaves fell off, like around half of the plant - maybe 10 leaves.
And another 2 weeks passed, another 10 leaves fell off, but 2 new leaves came out. So now, I am only left with 2 new leaves remaining, and I am scared that it will all eventually die on me:(:::
I have been watering it once a week, sometimes 2x a week, depending on the dryness of the soil. It is now stored in a room with light coming in. I have tried notching parts of the stem also, but didn't produce any result.

Any advice for me? Save my plant please!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It likes bright light without direct sun, although they will grow outside where you are and become large trees. Yours was probably grown in shade which is why it reacted that way. Keep it moist, but not soggy. Check the moisture level once a week and water when it needs it. How close to a window is it? Does the pot drain out the bottom?
My other suggestion is to give it time, 2 months is not much time for things to really change 9except for leaf drop that is).

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It is now in a room with windows, but not near the windows. I water it once or 2x a week depending on moist level of the top 2 to 3 inches. The plastic pot is in a ceramic pot so im guessing the water drains out? But i dont see the water overflowing out.
I just hope the remaining 2 leaves will hang in there with me.
Thanks for your notes too!

Ask a Question