Please help me indentify

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I am new to gardening and we had a rather strong storm come through and blew all my posts away... Can you please help me Identify these herbs and veggies.

DSC_5796_zps0qriff1g.jpg

DSC_5795_zps5hmvi9pa.jpg

DSC_5797_zpsbwoyhf5u.jpg

DSC_5798_zps0f9dw4z0.jpg

DSC_5794_zps7m4fqvzk.jpg

DSC_5793_zps3kzne3nz.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
4th pic is Fat Hen

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D It's got a relative called Good King Henry :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Could the top one be a type of basil? Or marjoram, perhaps. And to the right of the fat hen is parsley.
Try rubbing a bit of a leaf between your fingers and see if you recognise the smell, maybe?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Could the top one be a type of basil? Or marjoram, perhaps. And to the right of the fat hen is parsley.
Try rubbing a bit of a leaf between your fingers and see if you recognise the smell, maybe?
Did you visit the link I provided above that tells you about the English Languge? (lol)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
OK, you made me look, very funny!
(I usually don't click on pinterest because they're so aggressive about me "following" or signing up with annoying pop-ups.)
Then of course we park a car in our driveway, but in some states you drive on a parkway. Go figure.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Like it Grouie :D

When my Boy was learning to talk he reckoned if you only had one box it was a boc :D

Incidentally, the original language here came from India :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Like it Grouie :D

When my Boy was learning to talk he reckoned if you only had one box it was a boc :D

Incidentally, the original language here came from India :)

English is no doubt based on Sanskrit and so do many other languages but it is the English that gave it the finishing touches and the results are there for all to see :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
OK, you made me look, very funny!
(I usually don't click on pinterest because they're so aggressive about me "following" or signing up with annoying pop-ups.)
Then of course we park a car in our driveway, but in some states you drive on a parkway. Go figure.
I still do not know if you opened that link :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States

The one next to the Fan Hen is Cilantro, I 100% know that one, due to taste, smell and my wife... haha.
The top one looks like basil, smells like basil, but didnt look like it to me.

wife says possible thai basil?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I am still curious about some of the plants. the second to last, has got me stumped... and second one smells of licorice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ok, when I looked at these, I'd say the first two look a little like basil - is the stem round or square? If it's round, I'd say basil (especially if you say it smells like licorice), if square, some kind of mint.

As for the fourth one, this is where common names catch me up. That is certainly a plant we call lamb's quarters (aka, wild spinach, pigweed) - though 'fat hen' may be its common name outside the northeast US. It's Latin name is Chenopodium album.

The plant in the two bottom pictures looks a little like catnip, Nepeta cataria, though the one next to it in the bottom picture is definitely cilantro, I concur with previous posters on that. ;)

Ask a Question