Please help me identify this plant ):

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
A friend of my friend left the city and he gave his plant to my friend who then just passed it on to me, since then I’ve been trying to identify this plant mainly so that I can get help regarding the issues its having.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 110

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to the GF
I don't know what the plant is but it's probably water related or it has some sort of pest infestation.

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi Logan, well thats the same doubt I had but I didn’t find any signs of pest infestation. I also changed the soil and repotted it 2 days ago so hoping it gets better. The main issue is I don’t know how frequently it needs to be watered.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wouldn't have it wet all the time, let it dry out a bit and don't have it sitting in water all the time and give the leaves a misting every few days. Some plants like to be in a bit of shade.

Did it need re potting?

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi, well I’m not sure the reason I did it is because I didn’t see any water coming down so ai thought its not a well draining soil. However the condition has only gotten worse and I have no clue yet whether to water it less or more and whether it needs more light or less. I hope it survives

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, well I’m not sure the reason I did it is because I didn’t see any water coming down so ai thought its not a well draining soil. However the condition has only gotten worse and I have no clue yet whether to water it less or more and whether it needs more light or less. I hope it survives
If you have it in the same place try moving it, are the leaves floppy, if they are then it needs more water.
To identify it have you taken a picture and take it to a plant shop.

Ask a Question