Please help identify this flower.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
All I really know is that it is perennial in zone 6. It was probably between 2-3 ft high. And it is beautiful! :love:

0606041505unknown.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes, I have some of those, they've come back for six years now. Never knew the exact name, I just called them perennial geraniums. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you all very, very much!!!

Now, where can I get some... :(

Just so happens I went to my favourite garden center this afternoon for annuals...I checked, and they have them, three varieties (white, light pink and darker pink.)

This probably isnt something you'll find at Home Despot, Walmart etc (I'm not a fan of big box chain retailers) but a good independent nursery ought to have them.

This is where I do about 99 percent of my garden shopping:
http://www.wojos.com/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lovely little flower MaryMary. And I must say I love your name, makes me smile and I do love to smile:):):):). Aren't geraniums amazing, especially these little one, such a variety.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lovely little flower MaryMary. And I must say I love your name, makes me smile and I do love to smile:):):):). Aren't geraniums amazing, especially these little one, such a variety.
Honestly, the only plant I knew as a geranium is the standard red ones, and I've always thought they smelled bad!! When Arielphf answered "geranium," I cut and pasted the whole name into google and clicked for images.

I'd have never dreamed that it was a geranium I loved so much!! They smell as bad as marigolds! :sick: Or maybe not... yes, NOW I think of them as amazing! :cool:

:ROFLMAO: My name!! :whistle: :whistle: "How does your garden grow?" ;)

Glad it makes you smile!! :):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No problem! I agree, the domestic geraniums are sort of plebeian and smelly, but the wild ones are a treat! You'd be amazed how many wild ones grow around the region (I'm in PA, so we're in pretty similar habitats) - some really delicate and lovely flowers come from that family.

Ask a Question