Please help ID!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone please help me identify this stunning plant combination? Especially the beautiful minty green groundcover :) Thanks!

For reference this garden is in Austin, Texas.

Attachments

• imgpsh_mobile_save.jpg
    imgpsh_mobile_save.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 98
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cactus plants are Opuntias, and I think the ground cover plants look like Santolina ... welcome to the forum @dkunugi

Reaction score
Country
United States
The grey, mounding plant in the front is known as Licorice Plant (Helichrysum petiolare). It is a drought-tolerant, evergreen shrub in the Cudweed Tribe (Gnaphalieae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae). It is native to southern Africa.

Behind is a spineless cultivar of Prickly-pear Cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica or similar) and behind that is a robust, grass-like plant. It could be a kind of true grass (Poaceae), but Bear-grass (Nolina spp.) in the Butcher-broom Family (Ruscaceae) should also be considered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
The grey, mounding plant in the front is known as Licorice Plant (Helichrysum petiolare). It is a drought-tolerant, evergreen shrub in the Cudweed Tribe (Gnaphalieae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae). It is native to southern Africa.

Behind is a spineless cultivar of Prickly-pear Cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica or similar) and behind that is a robust, grass-like plant. It could be a kind of true grass (Poaceae), but Bear-grass (Nolina spp.) in the Butcher-broom Family (Ruscaceae) should also be considered.
Thank you Marck. Yes, that is exactly the ground cover I was looking for.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thank you Marck. Yes, that is exactly the ground cover I was looking for.
Hi Marck, you seem to have quite a skill set for plant identification. If you have time, can you please help me identify the plants in these photos?

Attachments

• Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Front Image.jpg
    Front Image.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 9

Ask a Question