Please Help Aid a Cold Corn Plant back to life!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a corn plant for my college apartment a few months ago. It was looking like it needed a little more sunlight so I left it on my front porch. Two forgetful winter nights later and my plant is on life alert. I draped the leaves over a string to give the now droopy plant some support. It has been 3 weeks since I left it outside and have been watering it on a tight weekly schedule. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what I should do.

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5147.jpg
    IMG_5147.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

At this point, all you can really do is wait and hope that there might be enough undamaged tissue in the Corn Plant (Dracaena fragrans) for it to resprout. No guarantees. If it doesn't show regrowth by Summer, you should just replace it. Even if it is barely alive, you still might want to replace it, as it will take a long time for it to become an attractive houseplant again.

Just keep the soil slightly moist at this time, as the plant will not be transpiring. Watering once a week may be too often.
You can also cut off the dead leaves. They will not be coming back to life.

Note: This is one of two identical threads.

Ask a Question