Playing favorites

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
What's your favorite thing in the garden?

It's a close race for me. It's between the redbud tree next to the pond or the hibiscus in the containers with a flower base next to the entry of my backdoor. No wait, maybe it's the succulents. I guess it really is hard to decide which area of the garden I like the best.

How about you, what's your favorite?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It is a hard thing to decide what part of the garden is my favorite. Everything in there, is something we planted be caused we love looking at it or smelling it, eating it, or all of the above.
I think my favorite might e the green area, where I have the bamboo, and the little palms that go out in the summer, and back into the house during the winter.
Or maybe it is the vines that add color to all the bare places around the house, and are so simple to grow, or even come back all on their own every year, like Wisteria, or the red Trumpet vine.

Reaction score
since i'm closer to the beginning of working out the flora part of my backyard i'm pretty sure it will change as i get things together. i planted a bunch of semi dwarf fruit tress over the last couple year period that i think will be my favorite in a few years time. part for the fruit, and part to close off the outdoor living area i've been trying to work out.

for now it's something else that i'm working on that truthfully is still kinda unattractive, but i like fooling with it. when i dug out my ponds i got kinda lazy and started piling dirt right beside one of the holes. later i decided i liked it and started planting flowers on it. this is the third spring it's been there so i get a few more things to bloom on it each year. there's also a big flowerpot sitting on the mound i only put blue flowers in (trying to simulate water. haven't been to sucessful though), and a couple of gazing balls i got during last years end of season clearances. so hopefully it will be a mound full of flowers and color that kinda becomes backdrop for the small pond in front of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite thing in the garden are trees. My parents decided to cut down most of them but they left a few: a walnut tree, an apple tree and two birches. I love them all, they're old, high and very beautiful.
My second favorite are little violets that grow in the front - their scent is so sweet!

Ask a Question