Plants used to draw attention to potholes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This popped up in my local(ish) news - in Bury people have started drawing attention to potholes in the road by filling them with plants!

Bury potholes.jpg

Nice idea eh?! If they tried it where I live I think they'd run out of plants rather quickly!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This popped up in my local(ish) news - in Bury people have started drawing attention to potholes in the road by filling them with plants!

View attachment 6599

Nice idea eh?! If they tried it where I live I think they'd run out of plants rather quickly!!

That will be dangerous. The drivers will try to avoid those plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is a great ideas, and what a fine way to get the city's attention regarding potholes that need to be fixed. I would rather scurry my vehicle around the makeshift planters than to drive over the potholes and possibly damage my vehicle. Car parts are expensive. I lived in an apartment complex for a few years that had gigantic speed bumps and now the under carriage of my vehicle squeaks bad sometimes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think I prefer the plants over this alternative... again, in Bury:

'Comedy phallus' crusader gets potholes filled in (WARNING! NSFW!)

The mystery crusader - a professional artist and surveyor - is highlighting craters in the Tarmac by drawing a (ahem) huge male appendage around them.

With a nod to world famous street artist Banksy, the pothole superhero has styled himself ‘*anksy’.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Whether you plant flowers in the pot holes or cover them with decorative art, it is up to all of us to bring attention to the problems on our roads. Road damage is costly to us as tax payers because our vehicles get damaged and people can get hurt if they drive bikes or motorcycles over the holes. I am all for using creative means to being attention to the problems in my community, and I have a voice that will be heard.

Ask a Question